Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Django

Last dined: 6/6/08

I visited Django again and have to say that I was not disappointed.

We started with onion rings, mussels, and a cheese plate. I would say the only of these three that was worth it were the mussels. The onion rings didn't taste like anything out of the ordinary to me. The cheese plate was good, but the cheese was sort of sparse. The mussels were fresh & delicious, just like last time, and a bargain at only $8. Definitely a better buy than the lobster & crab cakes and foie gras that I sampled last time.

This time I tried the Macaroni Gratin (with Gruyere & pancetta). It was very decadent and a bit oily.

Two people at our table had the chicken which was very good. I would not normally order roasted chicken at a restaurant, too boring for me. But this was a generous helping of chicken over pureed potatoes accompanied with veggies. Both were pleased with their selection.

One person ordered a burger topped with foie gras, which was good, but maybe not worth the extra $8 it cost over a regular burger. To me the extra flavor wasn't quite worth it.

One person ordered the salmon, which he said was good, but was not raving about.

Another ordered a "steak frite" which he thought was very good quality meat & well prepared.

I'm sure I will soon be a regular!

http://www.djangodesmoines.com/

No comments: